At Evolve Academy we aim to deliver Science in the most memorable, exciting, and effective way possible, where high standards are always sought and attention is always given to motivating pupils to be lifelong learners.
A high-quality science education at Evolve Academy provides the foundations for understanding of the world through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics. Science has changed our lives and is vital to the world’s future prosperity, and all pupils are taught essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes and uses of science. Through building up a body of key foundational knowledge and concepts, pupils are encouraged to recognise the power of rational explanation and develop a sense of excitement and curiosity about natural phenomena. They are encouraged to understand how science can be used to explain what is occurring, predict how things will behave, and analyse causes.
Science (KS2) Content+
The national curriculum for science at Evolve Academy aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- Are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
The following programmes of study for Science is taught in KS2 at Evolve Academy:
- Animals including Humans
- Forces and Magnets
- Living things and their Habitats
- States of Matter
- Earth and Space
- Evolution and Inheritance
- Examples of our work+